Monday 2 May 2011

Tawandang Microbrewery ~ 200411

Hi folks, back to the local food scene (though I have one last HK food posting pending in the pipeline!). Had dinner with my colleagues at Tawandang Microbrewery @ their latest outlet in Suntec City on a Wednesday 2 weeks ago (Oops, this post is so late on this wagon!).

Since there were 6 of us, we ordered the Deep fried Pork Knuckles, Tom yum soup with prawns, Stir fried Morning glory, Grilled Sea bass with salt & Steamed squid (my all time favourites) for sharing. This was my 5th time visiting this restaurant. I still remember the very 1st time was with BBC at Dempsey to celebrate our 7th year anniversary, 2nd was with my colleagues, 3rd was with my family celebrating my dad's birthday (all these at their 1st outlet at Dempsey) & the most recent one was at Suntec with my 3 darlings on 31st Dec 2010 (yes, sort of end of year celebration dinner). Guess you can see how much I like this place.*chuckles*

The Pork Knuckle was crispy on the outside and the meat was tender & juicy! Mr Yeo even commented that "they maintained the same standard throughout"! (Since the last time he had this was like a year ago!) Definitely one of the better Pork knuckles in town! =)
Deep fried Pork Knuckles
Since I am at a microbrewery, how can I miss out on the beer? ;) I ordered a 0.3 litre of Weizen beer. The beer was light & fruity which I liked (guess, most gals would prefer this as compared to the Dunkel beer). Haha, whilst doing research on this posting, I realized that the Weizen beer (5.5 per cent) has the highest alcohol content as compared to the Lager (5 per cent) & Dunkel beer (4.5 per cent)! Interesting find! ;)
Weizen beer
We ordered the Tom Yum soup with prawns (without the coconut juice). I like how the soup was served in a hotpot (since I am a big fan of steamboat). The soup may look harmless but mind you, it was lethal & potent! You have been warned!!! LOL
Tom Yam soup with prawns!
Hehe, you must be wondering do Thai restaurants serve spaghetti?! Nah, this was not spaghetti but stir fried Morning glory (which is a traditional Thai vegetable dish). The Morning glory was crunchy and there was an unique after taste which I like. So far from what I know, this is the only Thai restaurant that serves up this dish! Do give it a try!
Stir fried Morning glory
This was the 1st time that I am having this dish here ~ Grilled seabass with salt. A lovely choice, indeed! The sea bass was fresh and despite the grill, the meat still retained the juiciness and tenderness. It came with a spicy seafood sauce for us to dip the fish. I love how the sauce further enhanced the freshness of the meat! (For those who know me, you would know how picky selective I am on my fishes) (",)
Grilled Sea bass with salt
Woo, just by looking at this peek makes me drools & salivates!!! LOL. This is my MUST order dish ~ Steamed squid when I visit this restaurant! The squid was very fresh (there was even roe in it!) & the homemade lime juice with traditional herbs gave the soup a sourish & spicy taste! Simply appetizing & opened up my tastebuds! *Slurps*
Steamed squids
I can't really remember how much this meal cost (think was approximately $190 after discount?). Right now, they are having a 10 per cent discount off the full bill if you have an OCBC credit card. I would definitely recommend this place for a group gathering or if you simply just love a good Thai meal! FYI, they also have a daily live band which they brought all the way from Thailand! ;)

You can check out their website, http://www.tawandang.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment